2012 Goals in Review
I set several goals for myself in 2012. I even wrote them down. One of them was to keep a journal, which is where I wrote the goals. But that is where the journaling stopped. But here they are, along with the progress I made.
1. Run Outside More – Less Treadmill. Well, I have to say that I hit this one out of the park. Once we moved to Phoenix, the treadmill had to be an option when the temps were in the triple digits. But overall, I ran just shy of 700 miles (NOT the results I wanted, but better than 2011) and only 128.7 of them were inside.
2. Increase Mileage. Overall, yes. I ran more in 2012 than I did in 2011. But I had hoped for better mileage. I did discover that I do WELL with running twice a day. And would much rather do two short runs than one long one. Go figure. And I increased my “short” runs from 3 miles to 4 and 5 miles.
3. PR 5K. HELL TO THE YES!!!! I knocked quite a bit of time off my 5K PR and broke my 30:00 goal. I ran a 28:27 and am VERY VERY happy with that. This AWFUL picture is what it looks like to PR a 5K.
4. PR Half. I made one attempt at this in February and failed. Miserably. But I had a great time with my sister that day. Later in the year I decided that I didn’t want to race the 13.1 distance and I am still VERY ok with that! I DID PR my 10K time by over 4 minutes, I think.
5. Spend Less. I have to think I did better with this or we wouldn’t have had the money to hire people to pack and move us. Or the money to move in general. So I am saying this was a success.
6. Stop Stockpiling Food. I thought I was doing better with this. Especially with the big move. But I cleaned out the cabinets last week and the results were poor. It will be on my list of goals for 2013 as well. I just can’t resist a sale at the grocery store!
7. Spend Time with Dogs. I don’t think this is exactly what I meant. I work from home. I am with the dogs all day, every day. But rather I meant walk them and play with them more. Walking, yes there definitely has been more of that. Playing, not really. I seem to get injured when I play with the dogs. So walking will have to do.
Overall, not bad. I will be setting (or resetting) goals for 2013. Did you set goals for 2012 and how did you do?