Monthly Archives: November 2011
Then we had Bloody Mary’s with the neighbors on Thurs morning and the in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner. I did manage to get 3 miles in with the dogs.
I bribed my husband to brave WALMART with me at 10pm on Thurs night. And I did manage to get what I wanted. But by then, I didn’t have anything left in me and we headed home instead of toughing it out for Target. And after searching Target’s all weekend, I never did find what I had wanted from their ad. But we did manage to find almost everything else during our Black Friday outing.
Saturday, I had an AWESOME 7 mile run and then we went to the annual craft fair. After that was dinner out, a few more errands and home to collapse.
Yesterday was fairly quiet. I worked around the house to switch from Autumn to Winter decor (still a work in progress) while Michael went to the Judas Priest Concert with the neighbors.
Did you brave Black Friday? What was your biggest score?
We did brave it. But the biggest score came yesterday at Sam’s. The LAST Blu-Ray copy (that we could see) of Transformers:Dark of the Moon for $9.88. Makes up for never finding that set of bowls at Target.
I have been looking at the Black Friday ads online for 2 weeks. And I was especially excited (yes, I said excited) about the Pyrex bowls that both Walmart and Target were going to have on sale. And while I don’t really stay up until midnight, and I DEFINITELY don’t get up at 5am, I could stay up until 10pm.
This is what Walmart looked like at 10pm Thurs night. I actually heard a Walmart employee say, “No one needs to get hurt.” I was LAUGHING through the entire experience. I thought Michael was going to kill me for bribing him to go with me. We were NOT at one of the Walmart’s with gun play and pepper spray.
I still need to get back to Target today to find the set I am looking for there. They were out yesterday. The woman said they were getting a truck in last night and should have them back on the shelf this morning.
By the time we went out around 10am on Friday, there were no lines and we found most of what we were looking for. And this is what we were enjoying by 4pm on Fri. I also scored some socks, a new pair of everyday kicks (Saucony’s) and some movies including the seasons of Mad Men and 24.
Off to check Target and run 7 miles this morning. Have to get back to my Long Run Saturdays and I can’t think of a better weekend to start.
I started by taking the dogs for 3 miles. Well, Solo for a mile and a half and then Annabelle did all 3 miles with me.
Then we had Bloody Mary’s with our neighbors. And my in-laws came over around 1pm. Dinner was great, dessert fabulous and the day went off without a hitch.
WE had tickets to a hockey game last night and on top of that, Michael decided he wanted to leave early and go to The Cheesecake Factory on the way. So everything that could be cooked or prepped yesterday had to get done. It went like this:
1. Pumpkin Pie – Yup, and the recipe made enough for TWO pies so some lucky in-law family is taking one of them home
3. Sweet Potato Casserole – Yup, the topping is also already made. Just throw it on top and in the oven.
4. Stuffing – Yup, all made and ready to be stuffed in the turkey.
6. Mop the floors – Yup, got that done too
7. Chocolate dipping – Yup, got through some animal crackers and pretzels.
My run for this morning was “canceled” as my running buddy came down with a cold. But I will still head out in a bit with the dogs. Anything I can do to tire them out is a plus. And the neighbors will be here at 11:00 for the parade, dog show and Bloody Mary’s.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!
I have an unbelievable amount of things to get done today. And that doesn’t include work (I do NOT have the day off). But first, what do you think of my baking drawer? I got tired of searching for the 1/2 teaspoon all the time. Here is the to-do list for today in some sort of order:
1. Clean out the fridge (It is trash day but I can’t do this until Michael leaves or he will try to stop me)
2. Go to the gym
3. Make pumpkin pie (The hardest of the recipes for today considering I have never tried this particular recipe before)
5. Make sweet potato casserole (Another new recipe, the sweet potatoes can cook at the same time as the pie, loving my stove with the 2 ovens)
6. Make green bean casserole (The easiest of the bunch)
7. Prep stuffing
8. Find Kindle case for MIL (Oh yes, she buys herself the kindle and then it somehow lands on my to-do list to find her a case….before tomorrow)
9. Hockey game (We are on a 2-GAME winning streak. No laughing. It is a big deal for this team)
WORK should be on there somewhere. I do have a conference call at noon. OH, and dip things in chocolate so I can give some to my friend in the morning. WIAW will end up being What I Cooked Wednesday instead!
What is on your list for today?